Arg! Too busy to lurk!!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called knitting. Make your own badge here.

Other hobbies...
Check out MY Podcast!
Favorite Podcasts...
Some people are just
too good!
Many gold stars to the following sites...

The sorting hat says that I belong in Hufflepuff!

Said Hufflepuff, "I'll teach the lot, and treat them just the same."

Hufflepuff students are friendly, fair-minded, modest, and hard-working. A well-known member was Cedric Digory.

 


Take the most scientific Harry Potter Quiz ever created.

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Yet another good cause

Many of you are already long time participants with the Red Scarf program but it looks like our Brownie Troop is going to participate as well! Go Brownies!



They are only 2nd graders but we have our college bound big-sister-Senior-Scouts to get them started. I predict some knitting, some crocheting, some knitting machine work, and some knitting loom scarves in the near future.

The scarves all go to the Orphan Foundation of America (OFA)
and are sent with Valentine's Day care packages to kids who have aged out of the Foster Care system and into higher education or trade schools. I am big on education so I love the idea of encouraging them to continue with their studies. I think about my own daughter and all the support she gets from all of her family members...everyone is there to back her up....and it is a little sad to think of someone else not getting the same personal boost. If this helps then I'll be happy.

Comments on "Yet another good cause"

 

post a comment