Arg! Too busy to lurk!!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called knitting. Make your own badge here.

Other hobbies...
Check out MY Podcast!
Favorite Podcasts...
Some people are just
too good!
Many gold stars to the following sites...

The sorting hat says that I belong in Hufflepuff!

Said Hufflepuff, "I'll teach the lot, and treat them just the same."

Hufflepuff students are friendly, fair-minded, modest, and hard-working. A well-known member was Cedric Digory.

 


Take the most scientific Harry Potter Quiz ever created.

Friday, February 03, 2006

For my special Valentines Exchange buddy - Amanda!

Okay, I wanted to pass along some of my favorite links for sock knitting to my special Valentines Exchange pal Amanda!

I know you like earth tones but I couldn't resists trying to find a little Valentines Day sparkle to your earth tones so I sent you some Fortissima Colori Disco! I gave you the long #1 needle so that somewhere down the line you can get a chance to try some magic loop knitting. I have completely converted myself to knitting on two circulars and when I bought your needle I got one for myself to try magic loop knitting as well.

This first tip is great for any time you need a provisional cast on, I now use it all the time when I knit socks from the toe up. Click on the image to start the movie.

Click Image!
Go Knitting at Knoon for more video goodies!


Links to knitting socks with 1 or 2 circular needles GREAT for those who travel around with their socks to knit.

Excellent Toe up instructions -
>Turkish cast on tutorial for toe up socks
Your putting me on original

Amy's Socks

Denise's Lessons

KnitWits Magic Loop

KnitWits Basic Sock

Wendy's Toe Up Pattern - short rows

Many ways to start a toe

One needle, two socks, toe-up

Must-have sock knitting links:

Start thinking about summertime folks!!! Cool Socks! (Joan I double-dog-dare ya!)

You're putting me on!

Socknitters Home Page

Nice list of links

Toes and Heels

Peggy's stretchy bind off

Denise's two nice stretchy cast offs


Knitting Help has a great video on how to magic loop your knitting.
Click the image to play the movie


Well, I hope you like your valentine exchange it was sooooo hard to choose a book for you since your are so well read! I appreciate everything you have done to get this group up and running!

Three cheers for Amanda!

Comments on "For my special Valentines Exchange buddy - Amanda!"

 

Blogger Stephanie said ... (4:42 PM) : 

Great links - Thanks Alice.

I'm sure you did a great job for Amanda because you are a smartypants just like she is! MWAH! To both of you. :)

 

Blogger Jennifer said ... (4:47 PM) : 

Thanks for the links! I'm glad you like the book. It's one of my favorites.

 

Blogger amandazen said ... (6:47 PM) : 

Thanks again Alice for all the fantastic links I cannot wait to give it a go!!!

Thanks again!!! :)
Amanda

 

post a comment