Arg! Too busy to lurk!!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called knitting. Make your own badge here.

Other hobbies...
Check out MY Podcast!
Favorite Podcasts...
Some people are just
too good!
Many gold stars to the following sites...

The sorting hat says that I belong in Hufflepuff!

Said Hufflepuff, "I'll teach the lot, and treat them just the same."

Hufflepuff students are friendly, fair-minded, modest, and hard-working. A well-known member was Cedric Digory.

 


Take the most scientific Harry Potter Quiz ever created.

Friday, August 31, 2007

HSKS Questionnaire

Had a power knitting session last night (which means I ignored work and my podcast so tonight will be hell) and finished up all the weaving in of Katie's socks so I could give them to here while she was home from school.


I also got the ribbing on my, now, favorite socks finished so I have them on my feet as we speak. No washing and blocking this time! All the sock went directly to feet!


Finished the swatch for Mom's shawl and it looks like I can go up a needle if I wish. I'll switch out today at lunch and see what I think. She is a small woman so being a little to tight in the gauge wouldn't hurt. The determining factor will be the look of the fabric in the looser gauge.

On the HSKS #3 home front I now have my upstream swapping partner, Jennifer, and my downstream partner (the one I am giving gifts to) is Stephanie! That puts me smack dab between two Ravenclaws! It's a good thing they are such nice people, such good representations of their house.



But I am also sure they are wishing they could be in Hufflepuff!



So here is my questionnaire for HSKS #3 for Jennifer
1. What Hogwarts house have you been sorted into?
Hufflepuff of course!

2. List your favorite double-point needle brands, including size and length. Or would you prefer circulars?
I have become a Knit Picks circular needle fan for socks. The are nice, flexible and much more reasonably priced. I like long cables (32" or longer) and small needles (2.5mm or smaller). I currently knit socks with two circulars or one long needle and magic loop it. My favorite direction is toe up but I knit on double points and top down first so I can really go either way.

3. Would you like to try a new brand needle? If so, which brand? Size? Length?
I am completely open to new options and new experiences. I leave to my wonderful gifting partner to treat me or challenge me.

4. If you are a RAVENCLAW, do you prefer the colors in the film or the book? Do you have a strong preference?
I'm not Ravenclaw but I have been wondering how to do black and yellow attractively so you don't end up looking like a deranged bumblebee!

5. Do you have any allergies?
None :-)

6. If you are swapping scarves - what is your desired length for the pattern?
I'm in the sock swapping group and I like my socks with solid patterns, cables or very discrete lace. I have been wanting to knit a pair of knee socks so I can play with the calf shaping.

So Jennifer and Stephanie I will be gone from Sept 2nd to the 9th and will catch up with you afterwards!

Cheers!

Comments on "HSKS Questionnaire"

 

Blogger Piglottie said ... (5:00 PM) : 

I just spluttered my coffee all over the place at the "deranged bumblebee" comment. Too funny! Love the blog and thanks for the great badger logo. Have a wonderful holiday and look forward to catching up with you when you get back.

Adele - Hufflepuff Prefect

 

Blogger Valerie said ... (7:15 AM) : 

That's because Hufflepuff is the best! -=waves=- I'm Valerie and a fellow swapmate/classmate. I just thought I would say hello!

 

post a comment