Arg! Too busy to lurk!!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called knitting. Make your own badge here.

Other hobbies...
Check out MY Podcast!
Favorite Podcasts...
Some people are just
too good!
Many gold stars to the following sites...

The sorting hat says that I belong in Hufflepuff!

Said Hufflepuff, "I'll teach the lot, and treat them just the same."

Hufflepuff students are friendly, fair-minded, modest, and hard-working. A well-known member was Cedric Digory.

 


Take the most scientific Harry Potter Quiz ever created.

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Still recovering from surgery, illness, and the holidays

Hello out there in the knitting world! I am alive but owe many people apologies for late swaps, gifts, cards, news, etc. Here is a quick review of why I have dropped off the radar. I am getting through my email and mail as quickly as possible and will try and catch up with everyone personally.

So I have been learning a lot about my digestive system.... mainly the Gallbladder! Here is the culprit now...



Near the beginning of December I ended up in the emergency room with pain the likes I have not experienced since labor with child #1! Blood tests confirmed it wasn't a heart attack (overlapping symptoms) and the ultrasound found all sorts of nasty stones clogging the "Sphincter of Oddi" (lovely name eh?) which basically was interfering with the processes of the liver and the pancreas within the digestive realm.

The end result was a couple of ultrasounds, an ERCP (Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography) or "lets shove a big tube with a camera and various tools in it down your gullet and into your stomach to have a look around" and finally Laparoscopic surgery to remove the gallbladder.

I have been recovering since and floored by every cold and flu bug on the block. My body was just not keeping up with all the healing and keeping well functions so I have been home, drugged, and recovering for a while....much longer than I expected.

My family has been outstanding doing everything except my knitting and my email allowing me to sleep and heal. Mom and Dad came into town for the holidays to spoil me rotten and helped me reintroduce my body to real food. Tonight is the first night since the emergency room incident where I am actually getting out to do something with friends unsupported by my familial medical staff....I'm going to the Lakewood Knitters Meet-up to knit!

Thanks for all the lovely notes and warm wishes and especially for the patience as I catch up with my swapping obligations!

Holiday Cheers!
Alice

Comments on "Still recovering from surgery, illness, and the holidays"

 

Blogger Piglottie said ... (2:43 PM) : 

Oh Alice! What a dreadful time you've had - and it must have been quite scary to say the least. I'm glad you are on the mend and am sending lots of gentle hugs.

 

Blogger Winnie said ... (3:25 PM) : 

Hey, Alice! I'm glad that the surgery went well. I had gallbladder surgery in February, but only after 2 years of such attacks. I ended up in the emergency room only once.

 

Blogger Dorothy said ... (5:28 PM) : 

What an awful experience! I'm so glad you're feeling better. I'm sure it was a blessing to have your family rally around you!

 

Blogger Nancy said ... (11:53 AM) : 

Alice, I now know why I haven't heard from you. My goodness! You went through a lot. As a radiologist I know what all that stuff can do to you and it isn't fun! I hope you have had a chance to open the Christmas swap box from me. Just let me know when you feel up to it. Take care and glad to know you are doing OK now...Nancy

 

post a comment