Arg! Too busy to lurk!!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called knitting. Make your own badge here.

Other hobbies...
Check out MY Podcast!
Favorite Podcasts...
Some people are just
too good!
Many gold stars to the following sites...

The sorting hat says that I belong in Hufflepuff!

Said Hufflepuff, "I'll teach the lot, and treat them just the same."

Hufflepuff students are friendly, fair-minded, modest, and hard-working. A well-known member was Cedric Digory.

 


Take the most scientific Harry Potter Quiz ever created.

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Christmas Around the World Swap Questionnaire!

Here are my answers for the Christmas Around the World Swap (CAWS) so if you thought a was a bit off before...well....what can I say.

1.Are you religious? No.
2.How long have you been knitting? 10 years.
3.Would you consider yourself a Beginner, Intermediate or Advanced? Intermediate.
4.Do you have any other hobbies besides knitting? Astronomy, travel
5.Favorite color(s)? Earth tones, greens and blues.
6.Do you collect anything? Telescopes, yard, knitting WIPs.
7.Are you allergic to any fibers or animals? No.
8.Do you have any pets? No.
9.Coffee, Tea, or Hot Chocolate? All of the above!
10.Cookies or Sweets? Cookies.
11.Do you knit socks? Absolutely.
12.If not socks then what? (tell us about your favorite knits). I have several shawls and stole as my WIP. You can see my WIP and my Projects and Queue on Ravelry - Justafew.
13.Do you put up a Christmas tree? Yes but not until a week before.
14.Favorite holiday treats? Egg nog, cookies, pies
15.Favorite holiday smells?Pine trees, turkey cooking, baking.
16.Do you celebrate Christmas in a traditional or unconventional way? My parents and I celebrate Solstice and with the kids and my husband we celebrate a traditional Christmas holiday in a low key fashion. No trips to a house of worship but we are very festive with our decorations and merriment!
17.What are your favorite holiday traditions? Spending time with the family, the family tree decorating evening with good food and music. Everyone gets a special gift ornament each year. I HATE shopping!
18.Finish the sentence: “For me Christmas is all about....” family
19.If you were a Christmas ornament you would be…….? An antique glass owl
20.What was your favorite gift you've ever received? Or given? Tough. Most memorable received gift was a restored antique school desk, my most memorable gift given were the stockings I knit for my husband and kids. I was pretty proud of them and was able to knit them in secret!
21.When do you start your Christmas? Start with Solstice and continue on through New Year's Day.
22.Do you send Christmas cards? Do you make them or buy them? Usually don't but we make tons of phone calls! The cards we do send we purchase from/to support local fund-raisers
23.What is your favorite Christmas dish? Roast turkey with horseradish and cranberries
24.Carolers are at your door. What do you do? Smile with delight, listen to the songs and then invite them in for punch and cookies (in a perfect world I would have those ready to go right? Martha I am not!)
25.When do you open presents? Christmas eve or Christmas morning?Morning!
26.Do you celebrate with family or friends or both? Family and any friends who need a place to celebrate. The more the merrier.

Comments on "Christmas Around the World Swap Questionnaire!"

 

Blogger Knittymuggins said ... (5:19 PM) : 

Thanks so much for sharing Alice! Your holiday sounds lovely and the antique desk you received sounds adorable :) Hope you're enjoying the swap so far and thanks for filling out your questionnaire!

 

Christmas Around the World Swap Questionnaire!'">post a comment